Friday, 28 December 2012

Review of the Year

2012 - what a year!

In march I made the decision to give up alcohol for twelve months. You already know this of course as I've been blogging about it for the last nine months but when I made the decision I never thought for a moment it would be as tough a challenge as it has proved to be. 2012 was never going to be an easy year to give up alcohol. With my wedding in December I had to get through a sober stag do, no mean feat for a man who likes a drink but this was a reason for choosing this year. If I was going to choose to carry out such a life changing challenge then it needed to be hard, for people to think I was mad for choosing the year, for them to think 'if he can do it then I will sponsor him'. And many people did think me mad, as did myself. Nine months on and I've raised nearly £1600 for Claire House children's hospice. It makes the last nine months very worthwhile and with another 3 months to go much more can be raised. This year also saw me complete my first half marathon as well as a couple of 10k races too.

My blog has had almost 5000 readers which is unbelievable. Next year I hope to have my story published - watch this space.


Here's to 2013! Wishing you and your families the best of health and happiness.

www.justgiving.com/iannobeerforayear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here...